Electronic Direct Marketing (EDM)
What is EDM?
EDM is direct mail marketing via the internet. Generally a publication or newsletter that keeps your customers informed and up to date about your products or services or information that they may be interested in. Electronic Direct Marketing enables you to stay in touch with your target audience and subsequently keep your business in the forefront of their minds.
What are the advantages of using an EDM System?
- It saves time and money – Electronic Newsletters cost far less than distributing information via traditional print and post methods. Not only do your reduce material and distribution costs but the time needed to create the newsletter is also reduced through templates which are created and customised to meeting your specific needs.
- It provides proven and measurable outcomes – The open rate of an electronic newsletter is up to 50% greater than a letter received in the post. On top of this, readers are able to immediately ‘click through’ through to your website or online store to make a purchase or make an enquiry without a delay that may result in you losing a potential sale. There is no waiting for days for the letter to be delivered, the delivery is immediate and the potential for fast response is greater.
- You can personalise and send the information to targeted groups within your database thus having a greater possibility of the information getting past the receptionist and into the hands of the decision makers.
- A quick and efficient way to upsell to existing clients – it is well known that it is more cost effective to sell to existing clients than to acquire new ones.
- Your email is legitimate and your service is not at risk of being blocked for suspected email spamming.
- Provides an easy portal for users of your website to “opt in” to your newsletter and increase your database without you having to do a thing.
- Improves your professional positioning through customised templates which strengthen your corporate image. Your company branding is imprinted in your customers mind with every contact.
Contact UBC Web Design today to find out more about our Electronic Direct Marketing System.